- Runny nose
- Nasal Congestion
- Sinus pain
- Watery eyes
Many hayfever sufferers also feel tired or groggy when their hayfever flares up.
- Check pollen counts each day during the summer. Listen out for weather reports which will often incorporate a warning if the pollen count is high that day.
- If the pollen count is high then try to remain indoors during the late afternoon/early evening when pollen levels will be at their highest.
- Do not hang out washing when pollen counts are high as the pollen will stick to the damp clothes.
- Wear a hat or cap when outdoors to prevent pollen gathering in the hair
- Damp dust and vacuum bedrooms frequently during the summer.
- Avoid freshly mowed grass, picking fruit or flowers.
- If your hayfever symptoms flare up, shower and change your clothes as you will probably have lots of pollen on your clothes, in your hair and on your face.
There is a range of very effective over the counter remedies available from your local Haven Pharmacy to help treat hayfever. Please speak to one of our specially trained hayfever advisers or ask your Haven pharmacist if you would like advice on which treatment is best suited for your needs.